Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, February 08, 2008

Finally!!

Busy doesn't begin to describe life around here these past months! Getting prepared for the holidays, we also went back home to the states for Christmas this year. It was our first Christmas home in 7 years. Lots of fun but boy oh boy-lots of FOOD!!! Yikes, I gained about 3 kilos (over 6lbs) and now I have to figure out how to get them off!!!

It was a trip filled with ups and downs-always wonderful to see family and friends but the stress of buying all the presents and organizing everything-wow-I forgot how that was! But it was fun.

I broke my rib the 2nd day after we arrived. Our oldest daughter just went to give me a hug and I heard something snap. So, for about a week I had to just sit around because it was so painful. We went to Santa Barbara to stay with some wonderful friends and ended up staying longer for doctor visits. One thing about being out of the country-we never go to the doctors here! So I had to have a bone density test and it turns out I have osteoporosis. My hip is the worst with the spine next to worst. Not joyful news by any standards. I am still working this through my brain-I think I am still in a bit of denial about it. It just hasn't completely sunk in yet.
The Lord gave me His promise to see me through this and He will be glorified in it-I just have to learn to be more dependent upon Him and now even others including my husband. I am not one who waits around for things to be done. If something needs to be moved, carried, fixed, whatever, I do it. Now, I have to retrain myself to ask for help. Not in my personality!! Such a stubborn one I am!! It's going to be a difficult road I know. Our last Sunday in CA I just broke down during the worship as the Lord spoke ever so gently to my heart about the difficult road yet comforting me with His promise that He will be my strength when I am weak. That verse became very real to me that day and I believe it will become one that I will cling to for a long time now.


I have so much news, but I can't sit here too much longer. Hopefully it won't be too long before I come back and update the blog. I want to journal my days and make a scrapbook (ha ha-so I have that in my mind to do now....we'll have to see how it works out).
Here's the LO I did about the news. It's therapeutic to scrap it!

I used Shabby Princess's Rummage Chic, Janet Phillip's template, Tia Bennet's frame fonts are SP Wonderful Wendy, SP You've Got Mail
Anna Aspnes paper curl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home